Monday, March 23, 2015

Shedding for their wedding...and summer!

Today I decided to pull out all my size 4 cool racer back work out tops from lululemon athletica. I said to myself, "Oh what the heck. I'm wearing this!" I probably should not have gone with the stripes, but oh well, the print is just too cute! 


I'm 12 weeks post partum and I have 8 lbs left to lose. I'm working out and eating pretty good. I'm feeling pretty good-like I'm getting there, but naturally not totally confident about this post-baby body.  Kale salad is my new go-to daily favorite. You can of course, make them yourself or for you Texas Ladies, grab one to go at Snap Kitchen locations or other fresh food stores selling to go meals. I just add shredded carrots, grape tomatoes and sliced almonds to a big bowl of kale. Then I add my own homemade healthy dressing: EVOO, lemon juice, chopped garlic and black pepper. 



My friends keep saying be patient with the weight loss, but the weather is going to warm up and stay that way, and I'm ready to get my former body back. My goal was to look good by our friends Vic and Katie's wedding. That's April 18th! These are our friends pictured below...



Slowly but surely, I've lost pounds and inches. I'm really not doing many ab exercises like crunches or sit ups, but every CrossFit workout is pretty much a full body workout, so my abs get passively worked.  

Starting this week, I'm really going to work on abdominal exercises though, because I've lost strength in that area, and my tummy looks like hell too! After all, it really really stretched a lot and housed a human for the greater part of last year. 


Also, my husband and I started a 60 day clean eating challenge last week on Wednesday. I've been eating lean meats like chicken and fish for protein, and TONS of raw and cooked greens and veggies, (like my poop is green!) Anytime I crave something sweet, I grab a Lara bar. Those are made with nuts, dates and fruits and they are Paleo! Every other day, in addition to my 4 egg/2 bacon breakfast, I have oatmeal to boost my milk supply.  

I'm going mostly grain free (aside from the oatmeal) and dairy free too. I'm drinking tons of water and breastfeeding and pumping  my tail off. A mother's breast milk content is directly related to her diet, so I'm really trying to give little girl the best! 


I'm still terrified to get into a bathingsuit, but that moment is coming. It's right around the corner and I'm going to work HARD for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment