Monday, May 11, 2015

My First Mother's Day

Today was my First Mother's Day as a Mom. It started off with little Gracie sleeping in bed with me all night last night. There's a first time for everything. I'm pretty against co-sleeping but I wanted to snuggle and so we did. So I woke up with the most angelic face I've ever seen, soundly snoozing next to me. She breathed in and out. I held her hand. I kissed her head. I stared at her for a really long time. Then we nursed. 


My husband worked a shift last night at the Fire Station so he got off work early this morning. He brought Kolaches and donuts home for breakfast. Yummy! Then he took a needed nap. 

Mid morning, Grace and I watered our vegetable garden, played and did all the things we do when we have time...swinging, bouncing, standing, giggling, tummy time, hugging, dancing, etc.  We had some great bonding time this morning. I even did some laundry and didn't hate it. I felt honored and grateful to be a Mom doing Mommyish things around the house, all the while wearing the baby. 

Then Daddy woke up at 11:30 am, and he gave me a card for a 90 minute in-home massage! Hallelujah! He also gave me a picture book filled with photos of me and my daughter. Love it!



Then we went to the zoo and saw all the Animals. I even hand fed a giraffe some Lettuce. Grace and I also went down the slide. She pet a goat too! Next we had a late lunch/early dinner at one of my favorite restaurants Barnaby's. I enjoyed a delicious salad and strawberry lemonade.




In the evening, Gracie had her sweet potatoes meal and milk, splashed around in her bath, then went night night. I enjoyed every single moment with her. Her bright eyed smiles are the highlight of my every day. Her hungry, sleepy tears, while heartbreaking, are the very reason I love being her Mommy, because I yearn to take care of my darling and give her everything she needs. 


We topped it off with some chocolate chip cookies at home, then getting in bed before 8 pm. Wow! It was a day filled with doing fun things that I enjoy. It feels amazing to be Gracie's Mom and I thoroughly enjoyed my first Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment